Date of Last Update: May 2018.
https://www.thegreyskincare.com (Site) and www.thegreymen’sskincare.com (Site) are sites operated by The Grey, a company registered in Rotterdam with company number I66042828 (Rotterdam) and VAT number: NL173766018B01 and whose registered office is located Bijlwerffstraat 45 , 3039 VE Rotterdam Netherlands (The Grey).
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you may look at our Site but you may not make a purchase, register or submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 13 on the Site, we will delete the information from our records.
For the purposes of the applicable data protection laws, personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual; an identifiable person being one who can be identified, directly or indirectly (e.g. name and first name, date of birth, etc.) (“Personal Data”) and the data controller is The Grey Netherlands , a company registered in Rotterdam with company number CCI66042828 (Rotterdam) and VAT number: NL173766018B01 and whose registered office is located at Bijlwerffstraat 45, 3039 VE Rotterdam The Netherlands (The Grey).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Sites https://www.thegreyskincare.com and https://www.thegreymen’sskincare.com or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Site (which you must do if you would like to use some of the services and features we offer on our Site), subscribe to our service or place an order on our Sites. This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and debit or card information (if you wish to place an order on our Site). When you register with us you can view your Personal Data in ‘My Account’. You can access ‘My Account’ directly to amend any personal details, for example if you change your address. If you forget your password, simply click on the ‘forgotten password’ link on the register or login page and an email containing your decrypted password will be sent to the email address you originally provided.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we (or any member or brand within our group) operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USE MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use Personal Data held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Site and performance of our contract with you: The information you give us is necessary to enable us to (I) fulfill your order (including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfillment of your order); (II) make sure your order is delivered correctly; (III) maintain your account; (IV)accounting, billing, reporting and audit; (V) authentication and identity checks; (VI) credit, debit or other payment verification; (VII) debt collection; (VIII) safety, security, health, training, legal and administrative purposes.
- Providing customer service in pursuit of our legitimate interest as a retailer: We ask for your contact details, such as your email address and telephone number and order details to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Site and to notify you about the status of your order and other customer care services such as identifying your requirements and shopping preferences. To provide those customer care services we may use your data for statistical and market analysis; case studies, research and development by us, or a third party we appoint as a data processor but in doing so your personal data will be anonymised for the use of it by these parties. They will not receive your name, address, email address or telephone number.
- Direct Marketing: We want to keep you up to date on our latest products, promotional offers and events in order to improve your shopping experience with us. We may use the information you provide and the information we collect about you to build a picture of your interests so that we may tailor our communications to you to ensure they are relevant and of interest to you and so that when you visit our site we can tailor your experience so that it is easier to shop with us.
Electronic Marketing. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or text) about goods and services analogous to those which were the subject of a previous sale. Otherwise, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have explicitly consented to this. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have explicitly consented to this.
Other Marketing. We will only contact you by post or telephone only if you have consented to this.
- Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
- Our Site: To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and so that we can enhance your experience of using our Site.
Personal Data we collect about you. We will use this information in relation to:
- Administration of our Site: to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. We may collect information from visitors to our site and analyse it to build up a picture of how people use our Site. This helps us to improve the service we offer you.
- Site improvement: To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- Providing customer service in pursuit of out legitimate interest as a retailer: The information we collect from you will allow us to (I) allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, (II) measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, and (III) make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Security of our Site: As part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
Personal Data we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA – RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data with any member or brand within our group located in or outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which means affiliates directly or indirectly under the control of The Grey The Netherlands. Control is deemed to exist if a party directly or indirectly owns 50% or more of the outstanding voting shares in another company or in any other way can exercise management control over the other party. They may use the information in accordance with their privacy policies for purposes such as: financial reporting and analysis; strategic planning; the development of customer segmentation and metrics to provide a consistent view of our customer base; the creation of inspiring content and editorial features, and the development of new products and collaborations to enhance your experience as a customer of The Grey or other brands in the Group.
From time to time we retain the services of other carefully selected and monitored companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this Site. These companies or individuals are appointed as data processors. We may share your information with selected third parties offering adequate personal data protection security levels including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data). These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your Personal Data in order to fulfill their function but may not use such information for any other purpose;
- Advertisers and advertising networks we appoint to assist us and who require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you on our behalf;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site.
We do not provide your Personal Data to other companies or individuals for their marketing purposes unless you have indicated when you registered that you wish to receive information about other companies’ products, offers and services.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If The Grey (or its parent company and its subsidiaries) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
WHERE WE STORE AND PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA – TRANSFERS – SECURITY
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside of the country in which it was originally collected. This may include transfers outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) (including to the USA). The reason for this transfer is that some of the operations we need managed in order to complete our contract with you are located outside of the EEA, for instance, Personal Data may be processed by staff working outside of the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfillment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
If we transfer Personal Data to a country outside the EEA, we will provide appropriate safeguards by applying one of the following transfer solutions:
- The receiving party of the data is located in a country recognized by the European Commission as offering an adequate level of data protection as set out by the European Commission pursuant to the Directive 95/46/EC /the General Data Protection Regulation (including certification to the Privacy Shield for entities located in the US); or
- The receiving party of the data has agreed to process these data in accordance with the “Standard Contractual Clauses” for data controllers or data processors approved by the European Commission;
- We have Binding Corporate Rules in place with the receiving party that are compliant with the applicable legislation.
We use the latest strong encryption technology to ensure that all transactional information is protected to the highest standard. Transactional information includes any credit or debit card details, your personal contact information, together with any other names and addresses you provide when you place an order for delivery to another address, and your purchasing history. If you have given your consent prior to entering the details required for the ordering process, our Site will retain you're the Grey account details such as your name, address, email address and purchasing history. Each time you log into you're the Grey account to create a new order you must re-enter your credit card details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
As a data subject and in accordance with applicable laws you have the right to the following:
A right of access to a copy of the information comprised in the Personal Data we hold about you;
A right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
A right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
A right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, locked, erased or destroyed; and
A right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of applicable laws.
DATA RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide the products and services to you and others and so long as we are legally required to do so. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services, or until any legal requirements to keep it no longer exists. When we no longer need personal data, we securely delete and destroy it.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Data to these websites.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications (I) by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us. If you have registered with us, you may also opt out of receiving marketing emails and/or SMS by logging onto your account and amending your preferences.
POSTAL MAIL OPT-OUT
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail by following the instructions that may be included in a particular promotion. If you have registered with us, you may also opt out of receiving postal mail from us by logging onto your account and amending your preferences.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Applicable laws give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable laws. We will respond to your access request within one month, in accordance with the law. Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You may change your Personal Data by accessing “My Account” or request to change or delete your Personal Data by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at:
customer service The Grey Men’s Skincare
3039 VE Rotterdam The Netherlands
You may also lodge a complaint, or prevent your Personal Data from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by contacting us as the above email, postal addresses or phone number.
RIGHT TO ERASURE
Requests for the deletion or removal of your Personal Data, including information published or processed online, should be directed to Info@thegreyskincare.com.
We will keep your Personal Data no longer than is necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected or no longer than is provided by law.
If you feel that The Grey has violated data protection legislation, you may file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) as provided by law.
LAW, JURISDICTION AND LANGUAGE
This Site, any content contained herein and any contracts entered into as a result of usage of this Site are governed by Dutch law. The parties to any such contract agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. All contracts are concluded in Dutch.